I was on my way into Burlington a little before noon when a Black Vulture flew from the
top of a pine tree and across rout 89 about about a quarter of a mile south of exit 14. I
would assume that it was one of the five individuals that Peter Riley noted in Essex on April
3rd. Does any one know the status of Black Vulture in Vermont? Are they becoming more
regular? Are they more likley to be found in the spring as overshot migrants, or are records
scattered evenly throughout the warmer months? They seem to be steadily expaning their
range northward.