Had gotten the heads up from Jim Philips that he saw a Great Egret at this location, I followed about an hour later and sure enough there it was. Not every day you get to see that around here!

The bird was right down the road from the wetland of Hildene so hopefully on our walk tomorrow morning, (the first of two we conduct in April) we can spot it again and add it to the list.

I posted a photo to the Vermont eBird Flickr account and here's a link to the best of the less than stellar, digitally zoomed pictures.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37954945@N04/4505554817/in/photostream/

Randy Schmidt
The Vermont Bird Place & Sky Watch
Manchester Center, VT