Things are uber-slow down here in CT.  We just got in our first Parula, a single RT hummer, waterthrushes, YEWA, and BWWA, Blue and White-headed vireos withing the last week.  No Grosbeaks or buntings yet.  Broad-wings made a nice push a few days ago, with a few 3-digit numbers during a count in Greenwich, CT.

And as far as I know, Blue-headed vireos are usually the first of the vireos to arrive.

I follow the VTBird list because I go up there several times a year (Silver Lake campground's trails and powerline cut are amazing birding... the wet fields of Forest Dale, Rutland Marsh... I missed that Scissor-tail by 1 day!), and it is interesting to see that VT has some migrants that should be here in CT now.  For example, the Wood Thrush (just got him yesterdy!) and RB Gros.

Also, has anyone noticed the ages of migrating Bald Eagles up there??  We have an amazing adult who has been hanging around the Housatonic River for a good 10+ days.  Some of us have the feeling he should be on territory by now.  Migrants have all been young'ns or sub adults, as far as I have seen.

Good birding to all,

Brian Webster
Stratford, CT
http://thebirdmojo.blogspot.com/