Two cranes are readily visible from the fishing access to Bristol Pond on the Bristol-Monkton Road.  I saw them this afternoon.  One appears to be on a nest, but it's hard to tell from that vantage point.  If someone could see them from a high point, we might get a better idea whether they are nesting.  Look directly south from the dock and scan over the vegetation.  For those not familiar with Sandhill Cranes be aware that these are heavily rust-stained birds, not the lovely gray we see in many field guides.  Bruce Peterson