There is a small expanse of water south of the dock and then a large marshy area thick with vegetation.  A boat could not get in.  About in the middle of that marshy area, I'd guess about 300 yards from the dock, I saw the birds.  One sat down and disappeared in the vegetation, but the other stood nearby.  They are remarkably close in color to the old vegetation.  When foraging or tending a nest, cranes tend to hold the neck horizontal, so don't look for a head held high above the marsh.  You are most likely to spot them first as large rusty lumps looking somewhat out of place in the marsh.

I did not see them dance or hear them call, but I am fairly sure they have a nest.  One bird settled down and disappeared in the grass while the other stood by ding not much (checking e-mail maybe).

Good luck,  Bruce Peterson