Roy,  Could it be you're hearing the first two thirds of a Ruby-crowned Kinglet.  I have heard them do just part of the song.  Another long shot is the alternate song of the Golden-winged Warbler.  Nothing like the "bee-bzz-bzz-bzz" we're use to.  I've heard in NJ, but never in Vermont, and it's not described in any field guides I know, but it might fit your bird.  Sorry I can't describe it in detail.  It's been a long time.  We spent a half hour on a World Series trip trying to identify it before we saw it sing.  Bruce Peterson