Started our hunt at the Sandbar where we saw at least 9 Osprey (2 pair
copulating).
[In addition there were at least 17 Great blue herons on nests. The rookery
is expanding westward. Surprisingly few ducks and geese.]
2 more (Osprey) near the outflow of Mallets creek, on the Souternmost
platform on the East side of I89.
On Fort Cassin Road there was one on the platform on the Nort side of the
road, and another on the platform in the flooded area on the South side just a
little further West.
Another pair on the nest North of the Ferrisburg Town Beach and another
South of Hawkins Road perched on a limb near the nest.
[We also made a quick stop a Brilyea where surpringly the reptiles and
amphibians outnumbered the birds (almost exclusvely Tree swallows and
Canada geese). We counted 56 Painted turtles, a goodly number of
garter?/ribbon? snakes, and heard Wood frogs calling from the small pool at
the end of the West road.
We weren't able to visit as many spots a we would have liked to, so we're
looking forward to reading other folks reports.

Denis and Maria Poley
Richmond