No, not in Vermont yet, to my knowledge, but there have been three New York reports of Ruby-throat sightings at backyard feeders, on 4/3, 4/4, and 4/5, as well as 4/2 and 4/3 reports from Connecticut. You can check Lanny Chambers' map at hummingbirds.net.  The birds are moving north with the warm weather.

New England Hummers will again be collecting first sighting reports of males and females from all New England states, as well as last sightings in the fall, in order to better understand the migration timing of these beautiful little birds. If you would like to help keep in this endeavor, please report your sightings on our website www.nehummers.com .  We are just now emailing our Spring Letter, and if you have not reported before but would like to receive a newsletter, please reply to [log in to unmask]

Many thanks,

Sharon Stichter

Newbury, MA

www.nehummers.com