On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Marc Chrusch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
At 07:21 AM 4/30/2010, Nathan Bryant wrote:

Umm, thread hijack? I believe us east coaters were complaining about how 2' wasn't enough powder so we were going to have to hog it.

In late April, is it really powder? If it is, great! Too bad that at this time of year the shelf life is short. I suspect that what's falling here is quite a bit denser than 5%.

I'm not sure about the density, but yesterday in BCC it was knee deep and offering continuous face shots. My trip originally planned for the Eastern Sierras got hijacked further east, and so I've spent the last three days lapping the closed resorts of greater SLC. With the heavy snow and lack of visibility, plus avy concerns of 25-35" falling on top of a hardened spring snowpack, skiing the closed resorts (specifically Alta and Solitude) has just seemed like the right thing to do.

Evan