Ached Dog Lane, when he left us. We found the partridge
where we had tied it to a
branch. When we reached Dr. Fiske's, his sleigh
was in front
of the door. The doctor had put on a small riding wig with an eelskin cue, and was getting into his greatcoat. "You're just in time,
Benny; old Francis Whittemore, down at the East Village, has had a fit;
and I've got to go and see what I can do for him. The old man has too much
blood, and it's gone to his head. We must bleed him. Take the lancets, Jonathan, and the basin too, and a bottle of Daffy's Elixir. There's nothing like it to tone up the stomach. Now we are

all ready. Tie your rackets on behind and sit in the