-------- Forwarded Message --------

Join the VT Division for Historic Preservation and our many partners
across the state in developing Vermont's State Historic Preservation
Plan:  */USING VERMONT'S PAST TO BUILD A BETTER FUTURE/. *We invite you
to participate in our two, upcoming public meetings and collaborate with
us in developing the state's plan. We want your thoughts about the
questions BELOW*. * Our public meetings are in Burlington, on *May 20*,
and in Rutland, on *May 25*. **

* *

*DATE: May 20 (Thursday)*

*WHERE: The Firehouse Gallery -- Meeting Room LBG *

*                149 Church  St.  *

*                Burlington, VT*

*TIME:  7:00 PM -- 9:00 PM*

*Thanks to our CO-SPONSORS!*

*City of Burlington & the Lake Champlain Basin Program*

*OR......*

*DATE: May 25 (Tuesday)*

*WHERE: Green Mountain National Forest  *

*                  231 North Main Street
                 Rutland, VT 05701*

*TIME:  7:00 PM -- 9:00 PM*

*Thanks to our CO-SPONSORS!*

*Green Mountain National Forest & Downtown Rutland Partnership*

*RSVP if you can!*

* *

*"A Partnership for Preservation and Progress"*

* *

*"Historic resources" includes buildings, structures, districts,
landscapes, archeological sites, and places of traditional and spiritual
importance. *

* *

*/ /*

* *

        *Which of the STATE'S historic resources are most important to
you? *

* *

        *Which of your TOWN'S historic resources are most important to
you? *

* *

        *What should we pay attention to?*

* *

        *How does what we care about stay relevant? *

* *

        *What should we do to reach out to all Vermonters?*

* *

        *How can we make words like "/the past/" and "/historic/"
relevant to our modern lives?*

* *

        *How is historic preservation relevant to you?*

* *

        *How does historic preservation contribute to the economy?*

* *

        *What do you see _your_ role in historic preservation?*

* *

        *How do we ensure a continuing life for our historic resources? *

o   *Which actions can YOU take? *

o   *Which actions are most important to take? *

o   *What's possible at a time of limited resources and many competing
interests?*

* *

* *

*Thank You!!*