Salutations Hackers and Career Enthusiasts!
Hope work, research, and exams are going (or went) well! Just some news and a few updates to keep everyone active.
Danielle ([log in to unmask]),
the liaison from Career Services for CEMS, and I had the opportunity to
meet and discuss some important issues regarding strategies to improve
career outreach within the department of computer science.
- First, Danielle, here is the information I promised you:
- Our survey results - http://www.cems.uvm.edu/~mkarpele/cssa/index.php?print
- Point of interest: Last entry of the survey:
- Year 4 Seminar. A senior seminar which discusses future
employment opportunities, talks by guest speakers from local companies,
and help with resume construction.
about survey results can be brought to Mek (Michael E. Karpeles -
[log in to unmask]) or Munk (Alex Munkelwitz - [log in to unmask])
Our main business contacts / connections include:
- Next Year's CSSA Officers
- President: Chris Tucci ([log in to unmask])
- Vice President: Zack Ney ([log in to unmask])
- Treasurer: Chris Tucci ([log in to unmask])
- Secretaries: Aaron Fredette and Dillan Wilding
- Webmaster: Phelan Vendeville
- Events Coordinator: Jonathan Godbout
- Robin Wilke - Math Club representative
- Having some CSSA Tech Talks for potential job openings
- When companies post job offers, have them come and give a short talk about the position
Did you know?
- Having a website of job listings BY major
- Having a bi-monthy resume building workshop
- Coordinate with VAGUE (Vermont Area Group of Unix Enthusiasts) to find speakers or job openings
Hack the world.
- Danielle is in her office on Wednesdays (in Votey instead of L&L) to help people out with Career Services?
- Michael E. Karpeles