Sorry if this has been asked before I must have missed it ...please repeat if it has:

 Why are people with an RVT not considered sonographers...just techs??  If you go to a good school and received a Bachelors then went on to pass  the registry why are you "just a tech"??  last time I looked RVTs image bodily organs.  Thats why people have different creditials to make sure people are given proper credit for what they accomplish.

sonography, ultrasonographyultrasound-
 using the reflections of high-frequency sound waves to construct an image of a body organ (a sonogram); commonly used to observe fetal growth or study bodily organs

Angela