it is calculated in a similar fashion but can be applied to any vessel,
theoretically you could measure  a stroke volume in the cca prox to the
graft, one in the graft and subtract for the residual volume going to the
brain and then correlate with an additional volume measurement in the cca
distal to the graft to see if it matches.  don't forget, 70% of the cca
volume goes to the ica, 30% goes to the eca.  which brings up another
question, will the ica steal from the eca and all your hair fall out?

the original question remains, can we document steal?  no.  there are to
many collateral pathways for additional volume to come from.  It will still
be a clinical diagnosis, do they get dizzy everytime they screw in a light
bulb with that arm?  then they have a steal syndrome presentation.

...TJ

To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart.