Jason,

stroke volume is calculated by the following  csa*vti.  where csa =
crosectional area of the vessel,  vti = velocity time integral.

as i was saying it will give you the total flow in the carotid and the total
flow in the graft simple math will tell you how much is left over to go to
the brain.  this does not compensate for collateral, circle of willis, or
any additional vertebral contribution to the cerebral circulation.  thats
why the "steal" is a clinical diagnosis.

I had a patient once that had a cca to subclavian graft, an axillary to fem
graft, a fem to fem graft and bilateral fem tib grafts.  his entire
bilateral lower extremity circulation was fed by one common carotid.  he did
not walk far before becoming syncopal.

...TJ

To handle yourself, use your head. To handle others, use your heart.