I have used acceleration rate for a number of years and have found it very
useful at the common femoral artery level when trying to determine the
presence of significant proximal stenosis, ususally in the iliacs either
common or external.  The criteria I used was generally around 150ms for
definitive.  Also useful is to note whether there is a significant
difference between both legs.  Will check my library for reference.  Of
course, it the waveform is monophasic, it trumps the criteria.

Kemil Pilotte, RVT, RDCS, BS
Cardiovascular Sonographer

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Carla Stanley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Is there anyone out there that is using acceleration rate criteria in lower
> extremity bypass graft/endovascular revascularization duplex surveillance in
> conjunction with ABIs and velocity ratio criteria??? I remember a couple of
> years ago a group was taking acceleration rates in the common femoral artey
> to determine inflow disease, however I have forgotten the standard way of
> doing that. Is there a protocol that would suggest severity of disease? If
> anyone knows of any article pertaining to this please send it my way! :)
>
> Thanks and have a great weekend!
> Carla Stanley, RVT
> Comprehensive Vascular Care
> Dalton,Ga 30103