while I am all for "improvement" if the idea is to be sure you are doing hands on..... please explain why you think this is such a great idea after all CMEs have provided for "book learning" for quite awhile
 I am not a vascular surgeon... I would expect someone piecing people together should be held to a higher standard (no disrespect)

Free is not the issue, the issue is what they are saying is the reason, doesn't support the way they are doing this

________________________________
From: Nathalie Garbani <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, May 20, 2010 9:37:14 PM
Subject: Re: recertification & CME's

Ann Marie and Dr Schneider, thank you for your
comments.
As an educator I strongly support any initiative
that will help our profession to move toward more accountability and better
quality.
1 hour or less every 10 years! Free! what is the
big deal, and as Ann Marie said, yes you learn a lot with an open book (at least
it makes you read the book once!)

Let's support this and help make it even better
rather than fight it for very poor reasons.

Nathalie
NSU