i have the protocol in an article, see if I can get info and send to you.

Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 08:20:29 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CCSVI protocols, billing, etc.
To: [log in to unmask]

Hey all, one of our MDs is asking us to do a CCSVI exam and I am having trouble finding a protocol or criteria for the exam. Also, I am unsure how to bill for it. I am pretty sure I cannot just do an upper extremity venous and bill accordingly. Can I even bill for this exam at all?

For those who are unfamiliar with this topic (as I was until about 2 weeks ago)..... CCSVI is chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency and is suspected to have a strong association with multiple sclerosis. Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_cerebrospinal_venous_insufficiency for a basic overview..

Thank you for any info you have.

Matthew Wise
To unsubscribe or search other topics on UVM Flownet link to: http://list.uvm.edu/archives/uvmflownet.html To unsubscribe or search other topics on UVM Flownet link to: http://list.uvm.edu/archives/uvmflownet.html