I am proud to be called a technologist.  I never felt as though a "sonographer" had any more clout than a "technologist".  I think the tech abbreviation leads people to think technician. So when asked what I do, outside of talk with my fellow techs, I always say vascular technologist  :-)

Besides isn't it what you know that is important rather than how people may perceive you based on a title?

  I always thought it was just different titles for different areas of work.  Sorta like echo, sonogram, ultrasound...ect. mean the same basic thing.  Maybe I'm just naive.

--- On Thu, 5/20/10, angela tsiaknis <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: angela tsiaknis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RVT
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2010, 5:22 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before I must have missed it ...please repeat if it has:

 Why are people with an RVT not considered sonographers...just techs??  If you go to a good school and received a Bachelors then went on to pass  the registry why are you "just a tech"??  last time I looked RVTs image bodily organs.  Thats why people have different creditials to make sure people are given proper credit for what they accomplish.

sonography, ultrasonographyultrasound-
 using the reflections of high-frequency sound waves to construct an image of a body organ (a sonogram); commonly used to observe fetal growth or study bodily organs

Angela