Re: RVT

I believe the term is sonologist  - a physician who practices ultrasound.
Technologists who perform ultrasound are sonographers.

On 5/21/10 7:51 AM, "Karen Limone" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

My understanding has always been a sonographer is an MD

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of angela tsiaknis
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RVT

Sorry if this has been asked before I must have missed it ...please repeat if it has:

 Why are people with an RVT not considered sonographers...just techs??  If you go to a good school and received a Bachelors then went on to pass  the registry why are you "just a tech"??  last time I looked RVTs image bodily organs.  Thats why people have different creditials to make sure people are given proper credit for what they accomplish.

sonography, ultrasonography <http://www.wordreference.com/definition/ultrasonography> , ultrasound <http://www.wordreference.com/definition/ultrasound> -
 using the reflections of high-frequency sound waves to construct an image of a body organ (a sonogram); commonly used to observe fetal growth or study bodily organs

Angela