Everyone who hasn't, should Google and read the article by Terry Dubose-
 "Sonography, what is it? Words are Golden". For the same reasons that other
professionals, like Nurses, would not want to be referred to as "medicine tech"
sonographers should not tolerate the moniker of "tech". The word "tech" has
become a loose generic term to refer to anyone who doesn't operate with a
license and indicates lack of respect just as "Hey you" would.
I always and kindly will remind anyone who refers to me as a "tech" on how to
properly address a sonographer. Eliminate the confusion and put in on your
badge or monogram your scrubs with the word "Sonographer". Sonography is a
profession and profession has a specific definition for good reason. Everyone
should know the difference- I have every ultrasound student read the "words
are Golden" article so they can understand and be aware of what is in a name.