We do teh flow velocities at the fistual anastamosis and then 2cm proximal to the anastamosis within the draining vein and feeding artery. We also measure the fistula wall and check for any branches off the draining vein.

From: UVM Flownet [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of michael schmies [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 2:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: flow volume measurements for AVF grafts

Any RVT's out there do flow volume measurements on AVF grafts?  if so what location do you take the measurement at in the graft?  we have a surgeon requesting this.  I have scanned many AVF grafts just never have had to do flow volumes measurements before.

Thanks,

Mike, B.S. RVT

This e-mail, including attachments, is intended for the sole use of the individual and/or entity to whom it is addressed, and contains information from Licking Memorial Health Systems which is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, nor authorized to receive for the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail and attachments is prohibited. If you have received this in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message immediately. You may also contact the LMH Process Improvement Center at 740-348-4061. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. Thank you.