Matt

sorry for the delay in response...as someone else noted this assessment is research protocol (not sure if irb established...)

Great article by Zamboni...."Chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency in patients with multiple sclerosis" J Neurol Nerosurg Psychiatry 2009;80:392-399. Dr. Zamboni is  from Bologna Italy, I think he has a great deal of passion regarding this topic, evidently another physician from Buffalo, NY (this side of the pond) is a big fan as well... the article references  a trial in Italy...

hope this helps cindy

Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 08:20:29 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CCSVI protocols, billing, etc.
To: [log in to unmask]

Hey all, one of our MDs is asking us to do a CCSVI exam and I am having trouble finding a protocol or criteria for the exam. Also, I am unsure how to bill for it. I am pretty sure I cannot just do an upper extremity venous and bill accordingly. Can I even bill for this exam at all?

For those who are unfamiliar with this topic (as I was until about 2 weeks ago)..... CCSVI is chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency and is suspected to have a strong association with multiple sclerosis. Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_cerebrospinal_venous_insufficiency for a basic overview..

Thank you for any info you have.