From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Combs, Kristin
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Probe time

Hello All!
I am working with a sonographer who has had a year  of tough experience in a vascular lab. Training time has been sporadic.  How many hours of actual supervised (in the room) scanning do students normally get in an accred. US program?  How independent should an individual be after a solid year of 40 hrs a week of probe time and much instruction?  How long does it take to get really trustworthy in results?  Its been so long, I cant remember.........