HI all,
Severe cases of massive DVT you should look for PTA patency and waveform. I
have seen some cases of little arterial flow since there is not return of
the venous. Also depends if the DVT is being treated.
I have seen 2 clots travel in my entire 30 yr career.. and they very small
patient never missed a breath.
I think each case deserves confirming the procedure with the ordering
physician and consulting the vascular reader. Three thoughts are better than
guessing.  What do ya think?
Denise Levy, RVT, RDMS, RDCS
San Jose, CA