	From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Doug
	Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 10:05 AM
	To: [log in to unmask]
	Subject: Re: TO ABI OR NOT TO ABI...

	PE from ankle pressure... Never heard of that one? I would find
that highly unlikely..

	Doug Marcum
	RDMS,RDCS,RVT(APS),RPhS
	*Advanced Ultrasound Consultants
	*Global Vein Solutions
	www.advancedusconsultants.com
	321-231-2191
	Sent from my iPhone

	On May 7, 2010, at 9:52 AM, "Ruhland, Greg F."
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

		Hey everyone,
		   I always read the flow but I don't always
participate, I feel the interested in what we might have to say about
this subject.

		   My lab has co-medical directors, interventionalist
and vascular surgeon. The question was brought up... do you perform an
ABI on a patient positive for DVT. A fairly heated discussion followed
from 3 surgeons and 1 interventionalist very firmly divided on the
subject. For all the obvious reasons. Possible to cause P.E., the need
to know of arterial complications. Would an ankle pressure really be
enough to cause P.E., Blah blah, blah. We all know there are good
arguments for both schools of thought.

		  What do you think, and does your lab have a set
protocol? ( I think it should be different depending on each particular
case, extent of DVT, other complications...ect.

		  Just wondering if it will spark the same intensity of
debate for one side or the other.
		     Greg Ruhland RVT

		To unsubscribe or search other topics on UVM Flownet
link to: <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/uvmflownet.html>