Total agreement!

NormaV-

-----Original Message-----
From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Card,Jason
Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 7:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TO ABI OR NOT TO ABI...

Even if there is only a slight chance you could launch an emboli, why take it?  You could just as easily attain an idea of the arterial situation with secondary indicators i.e. distal waveforms and toe pressures without any untoward risk to the patient.

In short, we never perform pressures on a positive venous study, and always perform the venous evaluation first on double studies to make absolutely sure that we don't.

Have a good weekend all -

JT

Jason T. Card, BS RVT
Sky Lakes Medical Center