Had something similar, HD access tied to carotid instead of subclavian.
Patient had "syncopal" episode every time they dialized.  I wonder why?
Not every plumber knows where the pipes are I guess.

-----Original Message-----
From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nathalie
Garbani
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 12:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ICA steal from CCA to Subclavian bypass graft

What would concern me with such scenario is what is actually going on in
the
brain of that person for flow to be diverted from the brain to the
arm...
(assuming the graft was done to revascularize the arm). Anything is
possible
in hemodynamics but I guess a thorough clinical evaluation is clearly
needed
here..

Nathalie
NSU