From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wally
Prado
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 1:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question regarding records!

Greetings to all flownetters;

I have a question in regards to our over 80000 plus records (copy of
patients studies) kept here in our office. Utilizing more space for
records than exams! How long is the timeframe in years to keep these
records, Called Medicare in Texas and they said they would keep them for
7 years, but we have to ask our attorney for how many to keep. Our
attorney says 5 to 7 years is usually the norm! What has other labs
(IDTF) done in passed? Would like to hear from others in Texas also!
Thank you for your attention to this matter!

Wally Prado, RVT

McAllen, Texas

This message and any included attachments are from NOVANT HEALTH
INC. and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information
contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged or
otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review,
forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such
information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are
not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message
and notify the sender by e-mail. If you believe that any
information contained in this message is disparaging or harassing
or if you find it objectionable please contact Novant Health, Inc.
at 1-800-350-0094 or forward the e-mail to
[log in to unmask] Thank you.