Our newest sonographer just moved here from Austin, TX. Her practice kept 10 years worth. She says 7 years must be readily accessible.

Kelly Estes, RVT, RDCS, RDMS
704-316-5100

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wally Prado
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 1:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Question regarding records!

Greetings to all flownetters;

I have a question in regards to our over 80000 plus records (copy of patients studies) kept here in our office. Utilizing more space for records than exams! How long is the timeframe in years to keep these records, Called Medicare in Texas and they said they would keep them for 7 years, but we have to ask our attorney for how many to keep. Our attorney says 5 to 7 years is usually the norm! What has other labs (IDTF) done in passed? Would like to hear from others in Texas also! Thank you for your attention to this matter!

Wally Prado, RVT

McAllen, Texas

This message and any included attachments are from NOVANT HEALTH INC. and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender by e-mail. If you believe that any information contained in this message is disparaging or harassing or if you find it objectionable please contact Novant Health, Inc. at 1-800-350-0094 or forward the e-mail to [log in to unmask] Thank you.