Claudia
Thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed to be able to pass on to my physician. He wants to be up on everything and will be very interested in this information. Thenks!!

NormaV-

-----Original Message-----
From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Benge, Claudia
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:42 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: RPVI certification

Norma,
Everyone of our physicians has the American College of Phlebology credential: Diplomate of Phlebology.  This is available to physicians who perform/read ultrasound and diagnose and treat venous insufficiency (ablations, surgical stripping, phlebectomies  and sclerotx).
Another phlebology credential is through Cardiovascular Credentialing International, the Registered Phlebology Sonographer exam.  It is designed for any medical professional working/scanning/treating venous insufficiency.

At this time in three states, we have not seen the requirement that the physician (other than those reading) be credentialed either through the RVPI, ACP Diplomate, RVS, RVT or RPhS for the performance of ablations.   But at this time I would not rule out future requirements.

Claudia A. Benge