From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kemil
Pilotte
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 9:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Regarding Acceleration rate in lower extremity arteries

I have used acceleration rate for a number of years and have found it
very useful at the common femoral artery level when trying to determine
the presence of significant proximal stenosis, ususally in the iliacs
either common or external.  The criteria I used was generally around
150ms for definitive.  Also useful is to note whether there is a
significant difference between both legs.  Will check my library for
reference.  Of course, it the waveform is monophasic, it trumps the
criteria.

Kemil Pilotte, RVT, RDCS, BS

Cardiovascular Sonographer

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Carla Stanley <[log in to unmask]>