From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kemil Pilotte
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 9:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Regarding Acceleration rate in lower extremity arteries

I have used acceleration rate for a number of years and have found it very useful at the common femoral artery level when trying to determine the presence of significant proximal stenosis, ususally in the iliacs either common or external.  The criteria I used was generally around 150ms for definitive.  Also useful is to note whether there is a significant difference between both legs.  Will check my library for reference.  Of course, it the waveform is monophasic, it trumps the criteria.

Kemil Pilotte, RVT, RDCS, BS

Cardiovascular Sonographer