I wish the income boost too, but reallity of what I know we have been
cut, and hiring freezes in so many places, I am not optomistic.

________________________________

From: UVM Flownet [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bruce
Smith
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 12:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: recertification

Although no one looks forward to retaking exams, licensing and
recertification are methods to not only see if we are maintaining
standards, but also a way of restricting the market. When the supply of
sonographers is scarce, the price(wages) of paying them will go up.
When employers have a difficult time filling positions, those
"competitive" wages will increase to attract only those that are
licensed. Currently some markets are saturated with sonographers due to
the influx of ultrasound training schools. There are no jobs available
locally for these new grads, nor are there any openings for seasoned
sonographers. Making it more difficult to acquire or retain the fewer
skilled workers(licensed) is what will drive wages up.
Personally, I wish it were effective immediately, as I would gladly
accept a boost in income.
NOTICE:The information contained in this electronic mail message is
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual named above. If the reader of this message is not the
you have received this electronic mail communication in error, please
delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify
the sender of the error by reply email. Thank you.