Good one Tom
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Hargens" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2010 9:30:35 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: recertification

Will there be a new credential like
 RE-RVT or RVT X 2?

Sent from my iPhone

On May 19, 2010, at 8:23 AM, Nancy Williams <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From the ARDMS home page
..."that ARDMS should have a measurable way to assure that Registrants
are knowledgeable in current day practice. Continuing Medical Education
(CME) credits alone cannot prove that an ARDMS Registrant continues to
meet the minimum core sonography clinical skills in present day
practice;..."

So in effect what the ARDMS is stating is that for the past twenty years
the work I have been doing every day, combined with my daily clinical
applications and the mandatory CME's was, what? a waste of my time? I
agree that someone who is not working cannot hope to keep their skill
level up by doing CME's, but to tell hard working technologists that
their experience on the job everyday is not proof enough that they meet
the " minimum core sonography clinical skills in present day practice;"
is insane! I measure my technologists core sonography skills every day.
They have to be certified, they have to do CME's and even still I do a
rigorous QA and now I have to tell them that there is yet another hoop
they have to jump through? Oy Vey!