All,

I've got two secretaries using two different data collection tools from the
State of VT. Neither of them can access the web page because they are
running IE 8. IE simply quits. Technical support is aware of this problem,
and suggests the fix below. I tried the fix on a computer running Windows 7
Professional without any luck. I also tried the fix on a computer running XP
Professional without any luck. The only other suggestion tech support had
was to downgrade to IE 7. They also said FireFox 'sometimes' works but I
haven't been able to get it to work. I ultimately downgraded the Windows XP
Pro to IE 7 and that one is working fine, but I can't think of anything
except for running some sort of emulator on the Windows 7 machine. Any
thoughts, ideas? Is anyone else having this problem.

-------------------------
DIRECTIONS

 IE 8 Machine Jinitiator fix:

For XP, Vista or Window 7

Person must be an administrator on the machine for this to work.

After the Jinitiator is loaded go to the following website and download the
jvm.dll

https://rt4.cceb.med.upenn.edu/crcu_html/jinit/jinit_download.htm

Click on the jvm.dll at the end of step number 2 and save it to your desktop

Once saved to your desktop, then you need to copy it to the following
location

*C:\Program Files\Oracle\Jinitiator 1.3.1.22\bin\Hotspot\*

Paste it in that folder.

It will ask you if you want to over write the current file say yes.

Close all internet explorer windows and delete the jvm.dll on your desktop.

Re-launch the browser and try the application again.

Thanks,

Bryan
Bryan Thompson
Technology Coordinator