Still helpful for schools with multiple domains that don't want to combine
into a single domain.

-bj

On Jun 24, 2010 9:15 PM, "Bjorn Behrendt" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Yay, I have been waiting for this for over a year.

-bj

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Google Apps update alerts" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Jun 24, 2010 9:03 PM
Subject: New update information
To: <[log in to unmask]>

   New update information <http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/>
 <http://fusion.google.com/add?source=atgs&feedurl=http://feeds.feedburner.com/GoogleAppsUpdates>
  [image:
Link to Google Apps update alerts] <http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/>
------------------------------

Multi-domain management now available in Google
Apps<http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/2010/06/multi-domain-management-now-available.html>

Google Apps administrators can now manage multiple domains from one control
panel in Google Apps. Users from different domains preserve their original
email address, but all users are on the organization's global address list,
and calendars, docs and sites can be shared throughout the entire
organization.

*Editions included:*
Premier and Education Editions

*Languages included:*
US English only

*How to access what's new:*
Admins can now add additional domains in the Control Panel under ‘Domain
Settings’ by adding the domain name in the text box. For these domains,
admins will still have to verify domain ownership just like the primary
domain.

To add another domain:
1. In the Google Apps Control Panel, click ‘Domain settings’, then ‘Domain
names’.
2. Click ‘Add a domain or a domain alias’.
3. Enter the domain name that you want to add in the text box.
4. If you just want to add the domain as a domain alias, enable the checkbox
‘Make this domain an alias of my primary domain’.
5. Click ‘Continue and verify domain ownership’ to verify ownership of the
domain
6. Follow the instructions to verify domain ownership and set up email
delivery.

- After adding a domain, when admins now create a new user, they will have
the choice to create the user with [log in to unmask] or
- This feature is only available to domains using the ‘Next Generation’
version of the Control Panel. To enable this version in the control panel,
click ‘Domain settings’ > ’General’ and ensure the checkbox ‘Next generation
(US English only)’ is enabled.
- These changes are gradually rolling out and will happen in the next few
days.

Note: It is not currently possible to merge existing Google Apps accounts.
For more information on what is supported by multi-domain management, please
visit the Help Center.

*For more information:*
http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/2010/06/introducing-multi-domain-support-in.html
Help Center: http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=14579

To learn more about the new Multi-domain management feature and more recent
launches on Google Apps, please join us for a live
webinar<http://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgoogleonline.webex.com%2Fgoogleonline%2Fonstage%2Fg.php%3Ft%3Da%26d%3D576242793%26SourceID%3D330%2520&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNF1baDz5lCoXTEOVM-LZ4nAMJ5c3A>on
Tuesday, July 13th at 9am PST / 12pm EST / 5pm GMT.

*Get these product update alerts by
email*<http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=GoogleAppsUpdates&loc=en_US>
*Subscribe to the RSS feed of these
updates*<http://fusion.google.com/add?source=atgs&feedurl=http%3A//feeds.feedburner.com/GoogleAppsUpdates>
   You are subscribed to email updates from Google Apps update
alerts<http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/>
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe
now<http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailunsubscribe?k=Gsr6AQH2ELo19XnKYKeFisbvEYo>
. Email delivery powered by Google  Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL
USA 60610