I jumped the gun here.  I thought they finally allowed different settings per group or domain.  This just looks like an advanced alius setting.    Still helpful for schools with multiple domains that don't want to combine into a single domain.

-bj

On Jun 24, 2010 9:15 PM, "Bjorn Behrendt" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Yay, I have been waiting for this for over a year.

-bj

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Google Apps update alerts" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Jun 24, 2010 9:03 PM
Subject: New update information
To: <[log in to unmask]>

New update information

Link to Google Apps update alerts

Multi-domain management now available in Google Apps

Google Apps administrators can now manage multiple domains from one control panel in Google Apps. Users from different domains preserve their original email address, but all users are on the organization's global address list, and calendars, docs and sites can be shared throughout the entire organization.

Editions included:
Premier and Education Editions

Languages included:
US English only

How to access what's new:
Admins can now add additional domains in the Control Panel under ‘Domain Settings’ by adding the domain name in the text box. For these domains, admins will still have to verify domain ownership just like the primary domain.

To add another domain:
1. In the Google Apps Control Panel, click ‘Domain settings’, then ‘Domain names’.
2. Click ‘Add a domain or a domain alias’.
3. Enter the domain name that you want to add in the text box.
4. If you just want to add the domain as a domain alias, enable the checkbox ‘Make this domain an alias of my primary domain’.
5. Click ‘Continue and verify domain ownership’ to verify ownership of the domain
6. Follow the instructions to verify domain ownership and set up email delivery.

- After adding a domain, when admins now create a new user, they will have the choice to create the user with [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
- This feature is only available to domains using the ‘Next Generation’ version of the Control Panel. To enable this version in the control panel, click ‘Domain settings’ > ’General’ and ensure the checkbox ‘Next generation (US English only)’ is enabled.
- These changes are gradually rolling out and will happen in the next few days.

Note: It is not currently possible to merge existing Google Apps accounts. For more information on what is supported by multi-domain management, please visit the Help Center.

For more information:
http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/2010/06/introducing-multi-domain-support-in.html
Help Center: http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=14579

To learn more about the new Multi-domain management feature and more recent launches on Google Apps, please join us for a live webinar on Tuesday, July 13th at 9am PST / 12pm EST / 5pm GMT.

Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates
You are subscribed to email updates from Google Apps update alerts
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google