Lol, Craig.  We do, except that had nothing to do with *us* receiving
the payment, so we won't be much help to Rob, sorry!

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Craig Lyndes @ wcvt.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 4:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ebay account

Rob,

I believe you might want to check with the folks at S. Burlington.  I
believe they have experience with students selling the school's
technology
equipment on e-bay!

:-)

Craig

> Hi folks,
> I have a technology guy who is constantly cleaning out (read
'trashing')
old equipment (not monitors/batteries/etc), software, parts, etc ask
about the possibility of selling some of this stuff on ebay.  The
scenario would be to create a student organization that would use the
sales as a fundraiser, albeit not a very big fundraiser.  We would track
serial numbers, descriptions, and current value and reformat if
necessary before releasing items from the school's inventory.  The thing
I'm not sure of, having never sold anything on ebay, is how the school
would receive payment.  Do they need to connect a credit card account or
bank account to a paypal account?  If so, it's doubtful they'd agree.
Or is there another way, like receiving personal checks or money orders?
> Any thoughts?
> thanks,
>
> Rob Gervais
> Technology Coordinator