From the SVSU

From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Drescher, Peter
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 2:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: straw poll needed...

This is not very official, but I need a sense for something I am working
on.  I anticipate this question on a later survey I am crafting for late
summer, early fall.

But, at this point, I will take what I get in a couple of days
collection.

You can respond to me off list if you wish....

Can you identify 1:1 computing programs at your school or SU?  (I mean
true 1:1, meaning that each student has a laptop assigned to them or one
they can access everyday, all day.)

I want to know: For this year completed:

School doing it: Bennington Elementary, Molly Stark Elementary and
Monument Elementary, Woodford Elementary

Grade levels impacted 5th Grade

Approx. number of students in program. 137 (Net-books)

ALSO: Every 6th grade student in the SVSU (Mt. Anthony Middle School,
No. Bennington Elementary, Shaftsbury Elementary, Woodford Elementary
and Pownal Elementary) 306 Net-books

For start of next school year: All of the above and:

All 7th and 8th Grade students at the Mt Anthony Middle School. 442
Net-books (this completes the entire school grades 6-8)

And: Pownal Elementary School Grades 4&5 -70 Netbooks.

Hope this helps.

Jim Boutin

Thanks...

Peter