Craig,

I brought this to the attention of our IT person (Rick Mallon) a couple of weeks ago.  We tried it out and it does work.  The IT department could not see my search results (on our new fancy dancy filter).  You can view it on Smartboards SynochronEyes (computer monitoring system).

So this goes back to the idea that you should always be monitoring your students in the classroom and the discussion about teaching personal responsibility in the classroom.  Just because you can does not mean you should....

Also google has promised to bring out a full ssl search engine