We canceled UptoDate (for pricing reasons) and offer Dynamed instead. Students complain, but several med school professors prefer Dynamed. The profs say that Dynamed actually requires students to think; the main reason the students love UtD is because it doesn't require any critical thinking on their parts.

Our Reference and Outreach Department has also found that it takes less than ten minutes to teach people how to use Dynamed, and once they're introduced to it, they really like it.

Dean James, Ph.D., M.S.L.S.
Associate Director, Collection Development
Houston Academy of Medicine-
Texas Medical Center Library
1133 John Freeman Blvd.
Houston, TX  77030