From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Miller, Lou
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: CHAT: First Consult? Dynamed? UpToDate?

The physicians will tell you that UpToDate is the better of the two and that may be true for them but I personally LOVE Dynamed. It has been a really valuable tool for our nurses and Magnet journey.  Many of our physicians (after trying it) love it and have their entire staff using it.

Our MHU nurses wanted to do a research smoking cessation for their patients and were having a hard time with the research.  When they came to me I showed them Dynamed and low and behold there is a WEALTH of info on it.
They are hooked now.

You might have a problem getting your patrons to try it but it is worth the effort.