Why, this is the whole reason ISOGEOCHEM was created. I have finally
found "my people", those that care about the nitty gritty of the
instrumentation, the tinkerers to find new and insightful ways for the
betterment of the isotope community who are willing to put their
failures and discoveries out for the world to see (okay, so we are not
the "world" but we are a unique niche).

Although I enjoy and take part in the publishing aspect of the isotope
world, I must also deal with the "wrench-head"  part of the research. I
attend conferences where it's a crapshoot whether the author really can
answer a technical question pertaining to the data presented. When I
came upon workshops like  CF-IRMS and the listserve ISOGEOCHEM I found I
was no longer an island adrift. Oh what a happy day that was:)
Anne M. Cotter
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Mid-Continent Ecology Division
6201 Congdon Blvd