(Sent on behalf of Dr. Peggy Ostrom)

Greetings

We will be hosting the following exciting session at the AGU meeting
in December (13-17) in San Francisco and would look forward to your
participation. Please send any questions to Peggy Ostrom
([log in to unmask]), Craig Stricker ([log in to unmask]), Anne Wiley
([log in to unmask]) or Andreanna Welch ([log in to unmask]).
Meeting information and abstract submission is at:
<http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/>http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/

SESSION B72: Application of Isotope and Genetic Platforms to Develop
Spatial and Temporal Perspectives in Ecosystem Ecology

Isotope and/or genetic approaches provide otherwise intractable
information in a variety of fields including ecology, oceanography
and paleoecology. While C, N and S isotope reveal inter- and intra-
specific variation in foraging habits and habitat use, H isotopes
identify migratory pathways and breeding sites. Effective population
size, population divergence and gene flow emerge from genetic
analysis. These data are crucial for predicting the persistence of
population and are necessary for retrospective analysis of ecosystem
change. We encourage presentations that apply these approaches to
address unique questions that span spatial or temporal boundaries.

Dr. Peggy Ostrom
Michigan State University
Department of Zoology
203 Natural Science Building