(Sent on behalf of Dr. Peggy Ostrom)

Greetings

We will be hosting the following exciting session at the AGU meeting in December (13-17) in San Francisco and would look forward to your participation. Please send any questions to Peggy Ostrom ([log in to unmask]), Craig Stricker ([log in to unmask]), Anne Wiley ([log in to unmask]) or Andreanna Welch ([log in to unmask]). Meeting information and abstract submission is at: http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm10/

SESSION B72: Application of Isotope and Genetic Platforms to Develop Spatial and Temporal Perspectives in Ecosystem Ecology

Isotope and/or genetic approaches provide otherwise intractable information in a variety of fields including ecology, oceanography and paleoecology. While C, N and S isotope reveal inter- and intra- specific variation in foraging habits and habitat use, H isotopes identify migratory pathways and breeding sites. Effective population size, population divergence and gene flow emerge from genetic analysis. These data are crucial for predicting the persistence of population and are necessary for retrospective analysis of ecosystem change. We encourage presentations that apply these approaches to address unique questions that span spatial or temporal boundaries.

Dr. Peggy Ostrom
Michigan State University
Department of Zoology
203 Natural Science Building