The hard disk of my Mat253 computer running on win XP recently died. I
had to restore the whole bunch. Luckily we could save the 'Finnigan'
Folder from the broken hard disk. After reinstalling XP and Isodat 2.0
on a completely new computer, I just exchanged the new created
'Finnigan' Folder with the one on the broken hard disk. Everything
worked from the beginning.
For backups, I like to use rsync, which can be emulated for Windows as
well as Linux machines, and which is a command window controlled open
source software. Once installed, it backups all folders you want on a
external hard disk or server or whatever, without creating images over
and over again.

All the best,
Robert

--