Hi Million

When you open the source again check the position of the small alignment pin at the gas inlet.

We had serious los of intensity after cleaning the source but the peakshape was ok and focus didn’t help.

After changing all the gas capillaries and the needle valve connection the Thermo service engineer decided to order an exchange source and by comparing the position of these pin we were able to locate the problem. On our source the pin was positioned halfway the opening of the gasinlet and on the exchange the gas inlet was open and the pin stuck out ~5mm of the source body.

We installed the exchange source and the intensity was back as normal.

Cheers

Kathrin

On 2010-07-11 22:06, Million Hailemichael wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
I removed and cleaned the ion source for our delta V advantage. I changed a
new filament and I put back the source and everything looks fine on isodat
screen. Values are…

HV= 3.01KV
Box= 0.72 mA
Trap= 0.77 mA
vacuum= 1.4e-006
Magnet (steps)= 11572

When I select reference gas (CO2) on the conflo screen to do a jump
calibration no CO2 gas is flowing into the system. I checked for a leak and NO
leak, we have a half tank CO2 gas. It seems ions are not reaching the cups or
ions are not generated. I checked the CO2 tank is open, conflo is open and
SGE valve is open.

I am planning to remove the source again and see if the small opening in the
side of the ion source chamber is somehow blocked or miss aligned (even
though I checked every thing before I put it back) . Or when I pushed the
source into the mass spectrometer possibly a wire may have been
disconnected?.

Any advice or suggestions before I remove the ion source again to check for
any loose connection.

Thanks
Million

Please note my new email address and phone number

Kathrin Reimer

Deltares - Geo Milieu Onderzoekslaboratorium

(Deltares - Geo Environmental Research Laboratory)

Princetonlaan 6                       phone: +31 88 335 7145

3584 CB  Utrecht                     mobile: +31 6 22903398

P.O. box 85467                        Fax: +31 88 335 7856

3508 AL  Utrecht                      [log in to unmask]

The Netherlands                http://www.deltares.nl

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper, incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.