For those interested in the isotope programme (³Isotopes in Geosciences:
Instrumentation and Applications² Programme Group [IG-PG]) and/or other
programme subjects.
Forwarded to you by: Pier de Groot, chair of IG-PG and secretary of IG in
GMPV.
Please remind the request I have sent short time ago on this list about
subjects which might receive better representation at the EU General
Assemblee!

Dear Colleague,

The next EGU General Assembly 2011 (EGU2011) will be held again at the
Austria Center Vienna (ACV) from 03 Apr 2011 to 08 Apr 2011.

We hereby invite you, from now until 10 Sep 2010, to take an active part in
organizing the scientific programme of the conference. You can do this at:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2011/provisionalprogramme

Please suggest (i) new sessions with conveners and description and (ii)
modifications to the skeleton programme sessions. The latter were compiled
by the respective EGU Programme Group Chair and Officers based on community
input at the last business meetings or later.

When making suggested changes/additions to the programme, as a general
guideline we encourage: (i) a minimum of three active conveners from
multiple countries and institutes, (ii) the inclusion of young scientists,
(iii) gender diversity. Please check with all of the suggested conveners
that they agree to take part in the proposed session.

When making suggestions, explore the Programme Groups (PGs) and after
studying those sessions that already exist, put your proposal into the PG
that is most closely aligned with the proposed session's subject area. If
the subject area of your proposal is strongly aligned with two or more PGs,
co-organization is possible and encouraged between PGs. Only put your
session proposal into ONE PG, and you will be able to indicate PGs that you
believe should be approached for co-organization.

If you have questions about the appropriateness of a specific session topic,
please contact the Programme Group Chair and/or the Officers for the
specific EGU2011 Programme Group:
http://meetings.copernicus.org/egu2011/information/programme_committee.html

The EGU2011 Programme Committee will take into account all suggested new
sessions and modifications to existing sessions, and use these to compile
the final Session Programme as the basis for the Call-for-Papers. Then, from
20 Oct 2010 to 10 Jan 2011, conveners of approved sessions will be asked to
actively promote their sessions and the public will be invited to submit
their Abstracts. This will be announced by separate email.

Please inform your colleagues about these opportunities. We look forward to
receiving your suggestions. Thank you very much in advance!

In case any questions arise, please contact [log in to unmask]

Kind regards,
Bruce D. Malamud (King's College London)
Chair, EGU General Assembly 2011 Programme Committee Chair

Martin Rasmussen & Katja Gaenger
Copernicus Meetings

Best wishes,
Pier.

Delta Isotopes Consultancy

Dr. Pier A. de Groot
De Schans 47
3945 Ham (Oostham)
Belgium
Tel. +32 (0)11 72 77 66
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Chair of the Programme Group ³Isotopes in Geosciences² [IG] and Secretary
for IG in the ³Geochemistry, Mineralogy, Petrology, Volcanology² [GMPV]
division of the European Geoscience Union (EGU)
EGU Home web-site: http://www.egu.eu/

Scientific Committee member of BASIS (Benelux Association of Stable Isotope
Scientists).
http://www.basis-online.eu/

Visit the Elsevier WEB-site about my ³Handbook of Stable Isotope Analytical
Techniques² Vol-II (published Nov. 17, 2008):
http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780444511157
and Vol-I (was published Dec. 27, 2004) at:
http://www.elsevierdirect.com/product.jsp?isbn=9780444511140