We run Arconis True Image (v 8 or so, latest is 10 I guess).
I restored my drive a few times (in the lab and also at home) and it always worked perfectly. For isodat make sure to update your analysis number in the configurator after you have restored your PC :-)
I also tried some other (mainly free open source) solutions in 2006 or so but never got them working stable.
I usually use the DOS boot CD and make a image of the complete partition, but running it under Windows and make a regularly incremental backup will probably also do (however, making it a copy of XP while running XP is not an easy task but should work with Arconis).

Regards,
Robert

--
Dr. Robert van Geldern
GeoZentrum Nordbayern / Applied Geosciences

www.gzn.uni-erlangen.de
fon: +49-9131-8524780
fax: +49-9131-8529294
room: O 0.106 (office)